Duties include: answering the phone, taking messages, making copies, and general office work helping the Parish Office Manager to help our parish run more smoothly.
Hours run: Monday through Thursday 9-12 & 1-4 and Friday 9-12. You choose the best day and time slot for you!
For more info call, 334-365-8680.
- We could use help in filing papers for Religious Education anytime the Church Office is open, if anyone is looking for something to help with! Please email Gena at email@example.com or call the Church office.
- Religious Education is looking for help on Sunday mornings during Religious Education classes to help in the office. Please email Gena at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Church office.
"From Words to Deeds"
You can make a difference in our community; and our community can make a difference in you. You are encouraged to share your time and talents. If you would like to participate in or if you need the services of a ministry here at St. Josephs, or if you would like more information, please contact the person(s) listed in these sections or the parish directory.
“What I do you cannot do; but what you do, I cannot do. The needs are great, and none of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful.” – Mother Teresa
Are you hearing a call to do something small with love for the Lord?
Perhaps you were inspired by the recent readings where Jesus asks us to follow Him or the story of the Good Samaritan.
Top three reasons to join a ministry or organization
- Get to see your church at work.
- Get to know your fellow parishioners.
- And most importantly, answer His call to show your love for God and neighbor.
Is there something keeping you from getting involved?
- I don’t have enough time. All of us have the same amount of time, 24 hours in a day, and it’s not really our time, it’s a gift from Him. Yes, some of our volunteers are blessed to be retired and have more free time than others but many of us have children, full time jobs and even travel for work but we still make time to show our love for God. Additionally, there are many choices on when and how often you give of your time.
- I don’t know my faith well enough to volunteer. Besides attending Mass and reading the Bible, one of the best ways to learn your faith is to get involved. You can also volunteer and learn through ministries such as RCIA and Religious Education. Don’t forget about Bible Study!
- I have no gifts. Yes, you do! You just may not know what they are. If you are feeling called to a particular ministry, trust in the Lord to equip you to serve in that ministry. Additionally, what you do doesn’t have to be complicated. St. Therese did small things, things we would consider mundane, with great love and she is still considered one of the most beloved of the saints.
- I’m not ready to make a commitment. When you sign up, you aren’t making a commitment, just indicating your interest. None of us are suited for every ministry. We all have a special calling. Wouldn’t you like to know yours?
- I don’t know which organization or ministry to join. Contact the ministry leaders listed in the website or the bulletin. The Ministry leader will understand that you are just checking it out and will welcome your questions.
Giving your time to God shouldn't be a burden!
It should bring you closer to Him!